Wednesday 29 May 2013

End of year two reflection

So I've kind of been putting this off as it means acknowledging that my second year is over and I'm fast approaching my third and final year of university (waaaa, I don't want to leave!).
Its sad for me as I feel like this has all gone too fast, I just want to soak it up and enjoy it but I feel like I have been to busy to do so. Grrrr isn't time a tricky thing?
Looking back over this year I have came a long way and I have accelerated my rate of improvement which was one of my main aims for this year. I think the reasons for this were quiet clear. For one I put more time into my work and had a better attitude towards it. Another is I finally began to understand stuff better I felt like I wasn't fighting anymore (well I was fighting and awful lot less), I started to enjoy doing the work so much more hence my reluctance for it to end. This being said it doesn't mean I haven't made my fair share of mistakes. However my mistakes have meant I have been able to overcome stuff, I try to look at them as a positive thing now.
My whole uni experience has been better this year. I have experience more of the stuff I should have last year. I have enjoyed myself, I have mixed a bit more and I have met some incredible people. I have even changed my career aspirations. I feel like I have found a good balance. I'm hoping I can make the same kind of jump next year too. If I do I might be able to graduate with a decent grade.
My grades are one thing that I'm not particularly happy about I mean they have improved so much since last year and I should be happy with that but its still not enough for me. There's always been a lot of pressure on me to do well as I have been a high achiever my whole life. But here things have been different and I've found myself getting marks lower than originally anticipated. I fully realise now why that is and that I will never be able to get what I wanted. But i can do the best with what I have now. Perhaps I was being unrealistic before.
I'm looking at this year as an overall positive experience. A lot has changed but this time its all good. I look at last year as my year of the Phoenix. I crashed, burned and rose again. This year I have adapted and grown. I've found myself to be a lot pragmatic this year, I've dealt with everything much better. I'm also feeling a bit more professional and confident in the way I present myself.
Looking forward I'm reluctant towards starting the third year as I have realised I'm not entirely suited to this course anymore and I feel like its going to be painful to try and do a FMP that will suit me. But oh well. No regrets.
As for the summer I have already made lots of plans. I can feel time slipping away so I'm going to make the most of it. I'm going to London to meet loads of new people again (I've always been good at that), me and my dad are going on lots of trips to national trust sites (with our sketch books) and I'm going to Barcelona! I'm also going to buy a nice new camera and set up a new blog for my personal hobbies and such. All of which I'm really excited for. I'm also going to bring back the speed paint a week project but increase it to at least two a week. I'm going to pratice some 3D and I'm considering making my concept for for the group project on my own but we will see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment